Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Family Time!

It’s hard to pick just one holiday to say that my favorites, if I had to pick I was say Easter. I love Easter because it means spring is on its way and my family and I have so many traditions. My great grandma Kozma is from Poland, she taught us how to make perogies and all the other polish traditions. I and my family always go to the Broadway Market, to get a butter lamb and polish sausage. Ever since I was little she has been teaching me to speak polish. As I have gotten older I started to teach my little sister everything I learned from her. And once she is old enough to cook I will pass the perogies recipe to her. Every year my grandma Kozma, grandma Nancy, my mom, Allie and I get together to make over a hundred and fifty perogies, it is always too much fun to listen to music and talk about family stories. The best part is to eat the rejects. Once we finish it is amazing to look at all of the food we made, and to fell a sense of accomplishment.

Some other polish traditions we have is to eat cold food on Christmas Eve. The reason it has to be cold is because in the morning when we go to church, it is tradition to get our food blessed. Because it’s not the most appetizing meal, my dad and I started our own tradition. Every year before Christmas Eve dinner we stop at McDonald or Burger King, to get something to eat. It is one tradition that I intend on keeping and passing it down to my children. I can’t wait until I’m older and I get to start my own traditions. ( I need six words, thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment