Friday, May 25, 2012

M1-

Hmm, I have had a great deal of embarrassing moments, but there is one moment that I will never forget.  I ALMOST burnt down my house!
When I was a little kid, probably only about seven years old, I was obsessed with Barbie’s! Every day during the summer most of the neighborhood girls would come over and play Barbie’s. But was just play with the dolls then clean it up, no it was much much more. We made my whole basement in to a Barbie town. Each person had their own house, and jobs, we even printed out money and bills. One day the power had gone out and because my basement didn’t have any windows we were used candles. As me and little Sara Steffan (yes Michael’s older sister) were setting up the candles and flash lights. I thought it would be a great idea to put a candle stick near my hot pink and bright blue Barbie dream house. For some odd reason me and Sarah had to run up stairs for a minute, leaving the candles unattended.  When we returned the whole Barbie house was on fire, and it was right next to the wall! My aunt, who also played with us screamed at me to get water. But what did I do? I went in the next room and sat on the couch freaking out. When my aunt came out of the room looking for me, she realized that I didn’t do what I was told. She pulled off the couch and sprung to action. I ran upstairs to tell my dad that the house was on fire.  Unfortunately he was sleeping and my screaming about the house being on fire didn’t wake him, because his response was “clean it up when you’re done.” Luckily we put out the fire, but the only thing that survived was a Barbie and a plate. After that and still to this day I am not allowed to be left alone with candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment